ABOUT BABY SHOWER 101 - MEDIA
Press Release - March 1, 2013
Shower Trends of 2011 - Top Baby Shower Site Releases their Survey
Los Angeles - March 1, 2013 -
Baby Shower 101 the Internet's top website for
planning information, today announced results of its survey
reporting the following results:
Out of the population taking the survey: 98% were
The relationship to the mommy-to-be:
45% mommy-to-be herself
67% were between the ages of 18-29 years while 18%
were between the ages of 30-49 years.
Of those knowing the gender of the soon-to-be baby:
35% baby boy
35% baby girl
28% of those on the site were planning on making
online purchases while 42% were "possibly" going to be ordering
64% responded that they would be making baby related
purchases while another 26% were "possibly" going to be making baby
While 36% of the surveyors where not sure how much
they would spend this year, those planning on
purchasing online goods this year:
30% planned to spend between $10 to $100
22% between $100 to $500
10% between $500 to $2000
2% over $2000
11% of those taking the survey were from outside of
the United States, while US visitors to www.babyshower101.com
demonstrating a higher density of traffic from California, Alabama,
Florida, New York, and Texas.
Of those answering why they visited the site:
74% are planning a baby shower
15% were looking for general baby shower ideas
4% were specifically looking for
1% were specifically looking for baby shower supplies
Michael Lasky, President and owner of I-Volution, Inc.,
which manages Baby Shower 101 and other "life event" websites, reports
that visitors most often come to his website seeking baby shower games,
decorations, ideas and favors. "We are thrilled that over 6 million baby
shower planners and expectant moms visited us this past year and
continue to find Baby Shower 101 to be a valuable resource," said Mr.
BabyShower101.com features baby shower planning guides,
a collection of over 200 free baby shower games, articles on many
themes, favors, food, gift ideas, an online
women to share ideas, and more. Mothers-to-be and their friends and
family have made the website a top destination for information and tips
for planning a baby shower.
About Baby Shower 101: BabyShower101.com is a leading
women's online destination that features a collection of articles,
helpful how-to guides and ideas for expecting moms and their family and
friends seeking practical baby shower planning tips and information.
Baby shower hosts will find a significant amount of free information
including baby shower games, gifts, invitations, decorations, themes,
favors, food, and more. For additional information, visit
www.babyshower101.com or its associated websites,
Babygirl101.com, which offer specialized information to new parents
and their friends and family.
Media Contact: Michael Lasky * (818) 718-1104 *
Press Release - May 17, 2011
Baby Shower 101 Announces Achieving Three Major Milestones Including Attracting 4.3 Million Visitors in 2010
Los Angeles – May 17, 2011 - Baby Shower 101 (www.babyshower101.com) the Internet's top website for baby shower games, ideas and planning information, today announced that it recording three major achievements in the website’s growth and popularity with baby shower planners worldwide.
- First, in 2010 .com reached 4.3 million unique visitors, an average of over 358,00 visitors per month and 8 percent growth over the previous year;
- Second, Q1 traffic was 15% higher than the same period last year and during the month of January 2011, .com received over 500,000 visitors. Baby Shower 101 is on pace for another year of phenomenal growth; and
- Third, the website’s popular baby shower games section now includes more than 200 games. Each game includes instructions how to create and play these simple-to-make, free baby shower games.
BabyShower101.com features baby shower planning guides, a collection of over 200 free baby shower games, articles on topics including shower themes, favors, food, gift ideas, an online forum for women to share ideas, and more. Mothers-to-be and their friends and family have made the website a top destination for information and tips for planning a baby shower.
“We are thrilled that millions of baby shower planners and expectant moms every year continue to find Baby Shower 101 to be such a valuable resource,” said Michael Lasky, owner of I-Volution Inc., which manages Baby Shower 101 and other “life event” websites. “To maintain our position as the top website in its category and help women worldwide host memorable baby showers makes us very proud.”
About Baby Shower 101
BabyShower101.com is a leading women’s online destination that features a collection of articles, helpful how-to guides and ideas for expecting moms and their family and friends seeking practical baby shower planning tips and information. Baby shower hosts will find tons of free information including baby shower games, gifts, invitations, decorations, themes, favors, food, and more. For additional information, visit www.babyshower101.com or its associated websites, Babyboy101.com and Babygirl101.com, which offer specialized information to needs of new parents.
Media Contact: Michael Lasky * (818) 718-1104 * Michael@ivolutioninc.com
Release - September 22, 2009
Baby Showers Showing No
Sign of Slowdown Despite Economy
Baby Shower 101 helps moms and baby
shower hosts plan memorable, celebrations
Los Angeles - September 22,
2009 - Baby Shower 101 (www.babyshower101.com) the web's top
website for baby shower games and planning information, today announced that
it continues to experience exponential traffic growth fueled by visitors
seeking help with planning a baby shower. While some baby shower budgets
may have been reduced this year, ladies are still planning wonderful
celebrations - and millions of visitors have found Baby Shower 101 to be a
Baby Shower 101 is a
collection of ideas, articles and helpful tips for hosting a baby shower.
Information includes baby shower games, planning guides, themes, favors,
gifts, food and much more. The games section of the website is a perennial
visitor favorite as is a bulletin board on which visitors share ideas with
one another. With over 150 free baby shower games, including downloads and
descriptions of how to create and play them, www.babyshower101.com has the
largest selection on the web. New to the website this year are a Money
Savers page and a "Going Green" section that includes tips for hosting an eco-friend
ly baby shower including invitations, decorations,
gift ideas and baby
"Traffic to Babyshower101.com has just continued
to soar," said Michael Lasky, the owner of I-Volution Inc., which manages
Baby Shower 101 and other "life event" websites. "2008 was a fantastic year
in which our traffic increased 76% over 2007. So, we're proud to turn in a
solid first half of 2009, growing 41% over last year and on track to break 4
"The current economy has
actually heightened women's need for resources such as Baby Shower 101,"
Michael said. "If you are not worried about a budget, it's easy to spend a
lot hosting a shower; but, it's when your budget is limited that you need to
carefully plan everything - from how you send invitations and how you
decorate, to what favors you send guests home with and everything in
Baby Shower 101 makes
memorable, economical and eco-friendly baby showers a reality.
About Baby Shower
Baby Shower 101 provides free information - including baby shower
games, gift ideas, themes, invitations, decorations, food, and more - to moms to
be, family members, and friends of the mom to be looking for practical baby
shower planning tips and information. For more information, visit
or I-Volution's new sites
Media Contact: Michael
Lasky * (818) 718-1104 * Michael@ivolutioninc.com
Press Release - January 29, 2009
Baby Shower 101 Announces Record Traffic and Baby Shower Boom
Fueled by a Celebrity Baby Boom, Moms-to-Be are Taking Baby Showers to New Heights
Baby Shower 101, the top network for baby shower information, reports record traffic to www.babyshower101.com due to the dramatic increase in media attention to celebrity baby shower, online information gathering and shopping for baby shower supplies.
Los Angeles (PRWEB) January 29, 2009 -- While baby showers have been a tradition for hundreds of years, the market for baby shower gifts and the detail that goes into planning baby showers have increased dramatically, according to Baby Shower 101, the web's top website for baby shower tips and information.
Baby Shower 101, whose site is located at www.babyshower101.com, provides information on baby shower planning, including themes, decorations, invitations and food; has one of the web's most exhaustive lists of baby shower games; contains extensive information on gift ideas and party favors; and hosts a popular bulletining board for women to share ideas with one another.
Baby Shower 101 revealed another tremendous year of traffic to its website. 2008 traffic was 76% higher than in 2007, and the top ranked website's traffic has increased by over 2 million visitors in the last two years. Michael Lasky, the owner of I-Volution Inc. which manages Baby Shower 101 and a number of other "life event" websites, attributes the upward trend in baby showers, and consequently the website's traffic, to four key factors:
- Baby Showers Have Taken New Form - Years ago, baby showers were simple tea parties hosted at one of the mom to be's girlfriend's homes. "Today, even the simplest, on a tight budget shower is a planned, themed event," says Lasky. Showers range from private home get-togethers to restaurant-hosted showers, coed parties, spa weekends, and more. "Many moms to be and baby shower hosts want to throw the party everyone talks about" says Lasky. Budgets for most baby showers have increased substantially over past year's simple tea parties, he added. "It's like another wedding to some, and hosts may even go to the extent of hiring a party planner."
- Moms are Having More Babies - Noticed more strollers out and about? According to a recently issued report by the Council on Contemporary Families, moms are having more babies than at any time since 1961. What's interesting about women today is that their focus, in terms of the baby shower, is more on the baby than the mom. "In the past, it was considered poor etiquette for a woman to have a baby shower for a second child," explains Lasky. "But, women today are celebrating the new baby, so they're throwing more showers for baby number 2 and so on."
- Hollywood has Gone Baby Crazy - "We're all inundated with news of celebrity pregnancies, births and baby showers. You can't pickup an entertainment news magazine or even watch the evening news without hearing about someone's 'baby bump'," jokes Lasky. "But there's real data to support what's going on," he adds. A significant increase in the number of 3 and 4 child families has occurred among the super-rich, according to the Council on Contemporary Families report. "The general public is interested in celebrities' pregnancies and babies, as well as their high profile, over the top baby showers," says Lasky. It's not unusual for entertainment TV shows to have a camera at celebrity showers. "Everyday women are emulating their favorite celebrities and hosting quite extravagant and memorable baby showers for their guest of honor."
- Women, Especially Moms Do Their Research Online - Moms are heavy Internet users according to eMarketer's report Moms "Online:Browsing, Researching, Buying" and approximately two-thirds rely on the Internet for purchase decisions. Furthermore, studies by BSM Media, a mom-focused research company, and SheSpeaks found that 64% of moms asked others for advice and 87% women Internet users love to spread the word online about products they like. "Baby Shower 101 contains so much information moms and baby shower planners are looking for," Lasky said. "And, we have an active bulletin board that woman use to ask one another questions and share ideas.."
"Games are our most popular
section of the website," says Lasky. Babyshower101.com contains over 130 games
today. Games are followed by gift ideas, including clothing and bedding. "Even
with as much information as Baby Shower 101 has, we receive tons of email with
questions about buying baby shower supplies and questions specific to baby boys
or baby girls."
About Baby Shower 101
Baby Shower 101 provides free information - including gift ideas, games, themes, invitations, decorations, food, and more - to moms to be, family members, and friends of the mom to be looking for practical baby shower planning tips and information. For more information, visit http://www.babyshower101.com.
Release - March 2nd. 2007
Becomes Baby Shower Planners' Web Site of Choice
BabyShower101.com helps baby shower planers with free information on
baby shower games, gift ideas, planning tips and much more. Visitor
traffic to www.BabyShower101.com has soared over the last year, as the
site has helped thousands of hosts plan memorable baby showers for
expectant friends and family.
(PRWEB) February 28, 2007 -- Offering information on everything from
baby shower games, gift ideas, planning tips and much more,
BabyShower101.com helps hosts plan memorable baby showers for expectant
friends and family.
101(www.babyshower101.com) reports a surge in web site traffic
signifying an increased use of the Internet by women planning baby
showers. BabyShower101.com's visitors per month have increased more than
257% since February 2006. In that time, Baby Shower 101 has become one
of the most visited sites today focused on baby showers and a trusted
advisor to 5,000 visitors a day.
Baby Shower 101 visitors
are interested in obtaining information and advice on every imaginable
subject relating to baby showers including baby shower games, gift
ideas, planning tips, themes, decorations, food and drink recipes,
invitations, etiquette and more. Whatever their need or interest, Baby
Shower 101 is devoted to providing baby shower hosts with everything
they need to plan a memorable shower for their guest of honor.
"We are building a
community for 'parents to be' and their friends and family to find the
information they need. We provide lots of free information and bulletin
boards to ask questions and share information," states Michael Lasky,
president of Baby Shower 101. Lasky expects over 1.8 million visitors to
his site this year which continues to grow in visitors and content.
With approximately 4
million babies born in the United States every year (7.6 babies born
every minute) and U.S. Internet usage estimated at 207 million, it's no
wonder the web site located at
www.babyshower101.com has seen its popularity soar over the last
Most women in their 20's
and 30's attend a few baby showers each year. For many years, women
hosting a baby shower learned how to host these events only by
co-hosting with others who had experience. Now, women have Baby Shower
101 to help them with everything they need to know to plan and host a
great baby shower.
About Baby Shower 101
Baby Shower 101 is the number one source for planning a baby shower.
Free baby shower information includes gift ideas, games, themes,
invitations, planning and food. We also feature a baby shower bulletin
board for visitors to share ideas with one another.
Media Contact: Michael Lasky, I-Volution,
Contact 818-718-1104 or email
9420 Reseda Boulevard, Suite 510
Northridge, CA 91324
Baby Shower 101 - Site Map